Mobile Tech & Development Lead
San Luis Obispo, CA or +/- 3 hours from Pacific Time
Hathway is seeking an experienced iOS engineer who wants to take ownership of Hathway's mobile app projects and lead them to success from start to finish with a team of talented mobile developers. Hathway is growing its San Luis Obispo, CA engineering team as a distributed team, so remote applicants will be considered for the right candidate.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as the technical lead on mobile app projects, responsible for outlining a technical strategy, assembling a team of engineers, and working with other departments such as Strategy, Creative, and QA to ensure the project is successful
- Transform client needs into detailed functional and technical requirements documents so that you and other engineers can implement the client's vision.
- Be comfortable meeting with clients face-to-face and effectively communicate your technical execution strategy for a project.
- Collaborate with an engineering team that values quality over quantity — we embrace things like Clean Coding by “Uncle Bob” and Software Design Patterns — and have in-depth discussions within the team about how to constantly improve the quality of our work.
Here’s what you’ll need to succeed
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience in software engineering including solid knowledge of iOS or Android mobile app development and experience integrating with third-party web services.
- Proven track record of success in managing a dynamic and talented team of software engineers on at least one project.
- Appreciation of an open, transparent, and fun working culture.
Here’s what you’ll get
- The opportunity to develop cutting-edge applications for some of the biggest consumer brands out there. Many of the apps we develop are ones you & your friends have probably used!
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the company you work for, and to be well-recognized for your contributions.
- The satisfaction of helping other members of the engineering staff know that their personal contributions make a measurable difference to the success of their company.
- A competitive salary, stock options, and benefits.
Hathway is an extremely fast-moving, full-service agency with offices across California in San Luis Obispo, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. We specialize in helping clients develop mobile strategies that make their customers fall in love with them. We're currently working with Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Red Bull, L'Oreal Paris, Titleist, and many others. If you're interested and think you've got what it takes, please send us your resume and we'll get in touch with you!
Apply for this job