New York City, NY
It's an exciting time to be building an app for discovering and attending live events. We think going to live events is a source of real human happiness—and we want to make it easier.
Last year, we simplified going to live events with your friends by enabling you to share tickets quickly and painlessly. We also made it easy to sell tickets to an event you can't attend. This year, we're helping you find new and exciting events with a revamped discovery experience right when you open the app.
Our app works well and people love SeatGeek: we're rated 4.5 stars with thousands of reviews and we've been featured several times—most recently for our iMessage integration—but there's much more to do. We're constantly iterating on the checkout experience, in-app ticket delivery, and event discovery, but there are many other ambitious projects on our roadmap. SeatGeek makes finding a great ticket easy, but the live event experience does not end there. That's where you come in.
Check out the app in the App Store. If you like what you see, and want to contribute, we'd love to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing
- Help define what mobile means for an entire industry (ticketing now is where photo sharing was before Instagram)
- Own the development of new features, from conception, through design and development, to release
- Work with, teach, and learn from other iOS engineers and other teams
- Collaborate with our design team to set new standards for app beauty and usability on iOS
We're Looking For Engineers Who
- Have spent at least one year building iPhone apps (our ideal candidate would have a bit more experience, but we don't want to exclude talented people)
- Are comfortable programming complex applications in modern
- Objective-C. Experience with Swift is a bonus!
- Enjoy handling plenty of responsibility and can see projects to completion with minimal help and intervention
- Have developed beautiful, useful apps that are live in the App Store
- Find satisfaction in details—we've noticed the best iOS engineers are as obsessed with pixels as they are with view controllers and NSSortDescriptors
- Care about building something that's used and loved by many
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A culture where the product is king
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A laid-back, fun workplace with an endless supply of snacks/coffee/beer, frequent team lunches, and social jaunts organized by Eric Waller, our official Social Chair
- The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek, e.g. we've open-sourced our a/b testing framework, Sixpack, our Redis-backed autocompleting service, Soulmate, and our Python string matching library, FuzzyWuzzy
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups
Apply for this job